Wednesday 8 June 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - L is for...

It's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge...and this time Lols is hosting...and the theme is:

'L is for Love'
She's chosen a very festive colour combination for you to use too:


We have two fabby sponsors for this challenge:

Simon Says Stamp are offering one lucky entrant a $15 voucher to spend in their store:


Photobucket

AND:

Stamp Fairy are offering one lucky entrant 3 digis (of their choice) from their store.


We have some of the Stamp Fairy DT guest designing for this challenge...and...if that wasn't enough inspiration for you, we have not one, not two, but three new design team members...our lovely guest designers for May...Carol, Heidi and Miria...were just too good to let go, so we asked them to stay...and they all said yes...yippee!!!

Ok...so on to my card...I thought this Whiff of Joy image 'Love Birds' was just perfect for the theme, and I coloured them with watercolour pencils, to look like robins for our colour theme. I added a Lili of the Valley sentiment (from this set) embossed in silver. The red & green papers are from the 'Wonderful Winter' pad by My Mind's Eye, matted on to silver mirror card, and I used my faithful Cuttlebug 'Ice Crystal' die for the snowflake.


Other challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies...and the Stamp Fairy girls...please visit the ABC Christmas Challenge.



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Helen. I struggel painting this cute image with my Prismas. I think I will give it up. But yours look brilliant.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, this is adorable. Those birds are fabulous! I love the red snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby card Hunny I love this WOJ image so cute! love your heat embossed text too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen :-) the image is just so cute and perfect for the theme :-) Love the papers and snowflake too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen this is simply beautiful! I love how you made the sketch look elegant. Your coloring is fantastic. Great job with this weeks sketch. Thank you for playing along!!
    Hugs,
    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous, Helen! I love love the image you have used and all the silver! Thank you for your comment about the photos, I feel much better now that I know you ALWAYS click on them:-)! It seems you must resize your photo so that they have the same width as your column... Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a beautiful image. Just gorgeous.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Helen! love the image used and the colouring used and red snowflakes, embossed text too!........Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely, beautiful image, nice choice of colors and I like the bit of sparkle it has. Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen this is gorgeous! I'm so happy to be a permanent member of ABC Christmas Challenge now - Thanks for making me feel so welcome :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe this is sweet, fab layout...ooh love snowflakes!! Thanks for joining us at paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the image you have used and the beautiful dp. Adore the large snowflake.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Card!!!! Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Calender & Creative Card Crew.
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card Helen.
    Thanks so much for joining in our Wildlife Reserve challenge at My Time to Craft this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x