Wednesday 1 June 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - K is for...

I have a 'Mid-way Reminder' card today, for the current ABC Christmas Challenge, which is:

'K is for Kids & Kraft'
(Optional extra to make a giftcard holder)

Here's a reminder of the prizes on offer:

Digital Delights


Winner will receive 3 digital stamps of their choice.

and

Karen's doodles


Winner will receive 3 digital stamps of their choice.
On my card last week, I used an image from Digital Delights, so this time I've used one from our other sponsor, Karen's Doodles...it's called 'Bigsby Swinging Lights'. I coloured it using watercolour pencils, then added Glossy Accents to the light bulbs. I found some DCWV 'Christmas Wishes' paper with strings of ornaments on, which I thought matched the string of lights, so used that along with a sheet of text paper from the same stack. I inked the edges a little, and rounded a couple of the corners with my Woodware corner rounder punch...which had not seen daylight in such a long time! The 'kraft' card blank is by Papermania, I cut some snowflakes from some more kraft card using Marianne Designs Creatables and Cuttlebug dies, and the sparkly brad is by American Crafts.



I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
You can find more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies over on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.

6 comments:

  1. fantastic card love the way you did the little lights too! so cute :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Helen, this is so cute, love your stamp, so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen

    You getting well into Christmas mode .. .. I am not jealous (much LOL!!).

    Love this one and the light bulbs are a great finishing touch.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely sweet image, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh such an adorable image. The light look brilliant. I am in shock at how many Christmas cards you have done already!
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Helen! Lovely image and I love the light bulbs! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x