Saturday 4 June 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Doodlebug

The theme of this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge is:

'Doodlebug'
We'd like to see doodling on your cards.

We have a couple of fabulous prizes from our sponsors to tempt you:


 From Penny Black Inc:
4059K Hang on Edge

 And, from the Ribbon Girl:

5 packs of 10 metres of Bakers Twine

Plus any 2 packs of 10 metres of Button Twine from the website

I've gone ultra clean & simple with my card, using four little hedgies from the 'Any Which Way' set (of course by Penny Black)...I coloured them using watercolour pencils, then cut them out. I drew a frame with a fine liner pen, adding a little heart drawn to match those that the hedgies are holding. I stamped a sentiment from the 'Sending Sunshine' set by Simon Says Stamp, then added a coating of Glossy Accents to all the hearts.


Here's a close-up of the image & doodles:


I'm also entering this card into the 'Frames & Borders' challenge on the Penny Black Inc blog and Filckr Group.

For more 'doodlicious' inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.


8 comments:

  1. I love this CAS cad Helen - hedgies are so cute and your doodling is perfect - looks like it has been stamped! Have a good weekend. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just seen your card on the Penny Black challenge, and just wanted to drop by and tell you I think it's lovely. I love CAS cards and yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous these images are so nicely coloured too..........:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these hedgies. Great doodling, I didn't even realise it was doodling at first!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Helen, love the doodled frame with the little heart. Take Care Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love your doodling.
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh this is brillian use of doodling - fantastic frame and "dropped " heart ! Love it :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x