Wednesday 22 June 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - M is for...

It's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge...and this time Delphine is our host...and the theme is:

'M is for Monochrome'

We are sponsored for this challenge by:


With a fantastic prize of 4 Wags 'n Whiskers digi stamps!

I dug out an 'Angel Henry Mouse' image (by Whiff of Joy) that had been sitting in my image box for ages for this challenge...I coloured him using watercolour pencils, added some sparkle to his wings and halo using a clear Sakura Stardust pen, then carefully cut him out using one of my Nesties...making sure I didn't chop off his tail! I decidied to go for shades of blue (my favourite colour)...and used Core'dinations card...embossing it using my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots', 'Snow Dots' and 'Snowflakes' folders, sanding over the raised areas to reveal the coloured core. I lightly distressed the edges, and added some snowflakes cut using Marianne Designs Creatables and Cuttlebug dies.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the ABC Christmas Challenge.

24 comments:

  1. I love monochrome cards - yours is super - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 25 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Helen, Henry is Perfect and his Wings are awesome! great job hunny you did it again! a stunner!
    hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous Helen! Monochromatic Christmas cards work so well and your angelic mouse is perfect here. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, what a ♥LOVELY♥ and adorable card! that image is TOO CUTE and i totally loooooove the layers of embossed and sanded core'dinations...they add so much texture and interest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blue and I'm in love with Henry, so this is the perfect combination for me!! Adorabel.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh... so sweet!! Beautiful card!

    Greetings, Saskia: )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet & adorable! I love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    ~MaryBeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG sooo cute!!! Love his cheeky grin !!! Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh this is so cute.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work, you've done a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Helen! Henry is super cute and your choice of colours is perfect:-)! I love all the embossing and sanding too! Hugs Delphine xx
    PS: And thank you for joining us at Cupcake too and good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet and I love how you used the sanded embossing for your monochrome papers, they are fantastic. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card thank you for joining us at CYDA this time good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those snowflakes in blue ... what a cute little card ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helen, I love, love, love this card. The embossed/sanded snowflakes are fantastic. The mouse is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that mouse! Great card and a smashing monochromatic colourway. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's Challenge.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card. I love all the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, your colouring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Helen, what a pretty card. I love the image and your embossing looks gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation... great use of our sketch! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card thanks for sharing with us all here at CCC and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards! Thanks for participating in the challenges!!

    -Kat, CCAYR Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  23. As I said before this card is a Stunner so much so I had to choose it to CASE!!! Thanks Helen your an inspiration!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x