Wednesday 29 February 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - D is for...

I have another card for our current ABC Christmas Challenge today, where the theme is:

'D is for Distressing'

We have two fabulous sponsors for this challenge:


Prize - a $10 voucher to spend in the Sweet Stamps store!

and


Prize - 3 digis of the winner's choice from Karen's Doodles!

I'm used another Penny Black stamp...this one is called 'Carollers'...love PB chickens! I stamped on to kraft card, then coloured them using watercolour pencils. The papers are new...I know, I know...surely the last thing I need is more paper...but I popped to Hobbycraft on Sunday morning to as I was out of foam pads...and they'd moved everything round...so I ended up traipsing round the whole shop trying to find them...and whilst I was searching for the foam pads, I discovered all of the clearance stuff left over from the post-Christmas sales had been dumped on some shelves at the back...and peeking out of the bottom of one of the piles of (mostly) tat, I spied a My Mind's Eye 12x12 glitter paper pad ('I Believe')...the cover was a little ripped, but the papers were all fine...and it was reduced to £4.99...so it just had to come home with me ;0)
I distressed all of the edges with 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink, and then my distressing tool...adding faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. The snowflake was cut using my Cuttlebug 'Ice Crystal' die, and the sparkly brad is by American Crafts.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please visit the ABC Christmas Challenge.

16 comments:

  1. beautiful distressing and gorgeous card
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card hunny I really must try colouring on Kraft yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fun image, such a cute card.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic use of the music theme! The image is hilarious and beautifully coloured!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colouring on craft looks great, as Samantha says, have to try it.
    Lovely card.
    hugs dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab - love the image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Helen. Love the distressing and that image is so cute. Loving your bargain papers too!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun image!! What a lovely design!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card-- love the image you used. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorably Cute! Such a Great Card! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come share your creativity & Join us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the colouring on Kraft CS. Thanks for joining the Stitches Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Heleh . . . LOVE what you've done with this image. I've made a few cards with it too.

    You could enter this into my current RUDOLPH DAY challenge . . . there's a little mystery prize on offer too . . .

    Hugs, Sandra Take a peek at MY CHALLENGE here

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this image! The colours are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just popping back to say Great to see you at Top Tip Tuesday too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful job! This is perfect for the Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday and I sure hope you join us again tomorrow! Best of Luck

    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x