Wednesday 22 February 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - D is for...

We have a brand new ABC Christmas Challenge for you today...Samantha is the host...and the theme she has chosen is:

'D is for Distressing'

We have two fabulous sponsors for this challenge:


Prize - a $10 voucher to spend in the Sweet Stamps store!

and


Prize - 3 digis of the winner's choice from Karen's Doodles!

I've used one of my favourite Christmas Penny Black stamps on my card...'Wishes for Kisses'...so cute! I coloured it using watercolour pencils...co-ordinating the hedgie's scarf with the colours of Core'dinations card I used for the background. I embossed the card using a mixture of Cuttlebug and Sizzix/BasicGrey folders...then sanded lightly over the surface to reveal the core. I then distressed all of the edges using my distressing tool. The sentiment is a Lili of the Valley stamp.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, and some wonderful guest designers, please visit the ABC Christmas Challenge.

22 comments:

  1. what a very cute X-mas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable, love the colours, image and the distressing.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bow down to you Oh Queen Of Distress! Gorgeous card hunny, love that PB image, and your colours are ace. Brilliant. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! Great card. Love all the matting and layering. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally adorable and gorgeous! I love the embossing and distressing! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your enbossing looks so great, and together with the sweet image you have made a lovely card.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab Helen, love the distressed look. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Nice background on the work. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and brilliant backgroundand distressing:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  10. hiya sweetie, lovely image fabulous colouring and such a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us this week at the Winter Wonderland with your lovely work
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, hun! I love all of your embossed layers and this sweet image!! Perfect for the challenge. Hugs!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet card. I loved distress effect.
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. I hope to see you again.
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute Helen, love all the embossing too, thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mooie kaart en bedankt dat je met ons meedoet op CCWS Helen.

    Groetjes Marga

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely project! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is just so cute

    thanks for joining us at one stop crafts this week

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helen I LOVE your embossing and distressing! so adorable! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card... the image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at CCWS this week.
    Hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fantastic. Love the way that you have distressed your embossed backgrounds.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x