Wednesday, 22 February 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge - D is for...

We have a brand new ABC Christmas Challenge for you today...Samantha is the host...and the theme she has chosen is:

'D is for Distressing'

We have two fabulous sponsors for this challenge:


Prize - a $10 voucher to spend in the Sweet Stamps store!

and


Prize - 3 digis of the winner's choice from Karen's Doodles!

I've used one of my favourite Christmas Penny Black stamps on my card...'Wishes for Kisses'...so cute! I coloured it using watercolour pencils...co-ordinating the hedgie's scarf with the colours of Core'dinations card I used for the background. I embossed the card using a mixture of Cuttlebug and Sizzix/BasicGrey folders...then sanded lightly over the surface to reveal the core. I then distressed all of the edges using my distressing tool. The sentiment is a Lili of the Valley stamp.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, and some wonderful guest designers, please visit the ABC Christmas Challenge.

22 comments:

Helen said...

what a very cute X-mas card.

Desire Fourie said...

This is just adorable, love the colours, image and the distressing.
Hugs
Desire

Squirrel x said...

I bow down to you Oh Queen Of Distress! Gorgeous card hunny, love that PB image, and your colours are ace. Brilliant. Hugs Sxx

~ Ali ~ said...

Fabulous as always Helen

ali x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Oh so cute! Great card. Love all the matting and layering. x

Delphine said...

Totally adorable and gorgeous! I love the embossing and distressing! Hugs Delphine xx

Dot said...

All your enbossing looks so great, and together with the sweet image you have made a lovely card.
hugs Dorte

Claire said...

This is fab Helen, love the distressed look. Hugs, Claire x

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Lovely card. Nice background on the work. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. Good Luck!

Sandra said...

Lovely card and brilliant backgroundand distressing:) Sandra H

downrightcrafty said...

hiya sweetie, lovely image fabulous colouring and such a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us this week at the Winter Wonderland with your lovely work
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card, hun! I love all of your embossed layers and this sweet image!! Perfect for the challenge. Hugs!
~Lacey

Lena said...

So sweet card. I loved distress effect.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. I hope to see you again.
Lena

Karen said...

So cute Helen, love all the embossing too, thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
xx

Marga said...

Mooie kaart en bedankt dat je met ons meedoet op CCWS Helen.

Groetjes Marga

Mummylade said...

What a lovely project! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Jen said...

this is just so cute

thanks for joining us at one stop crafts this week

jen xx

Samantha said...

Helen I LOVE your embossing and distressing! so adorable! hugs me x

Pathy said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

Hugs

Marion E. said...

Love your card... the image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at CCWS this week.
Hugs
Marion

Magali said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

Carissa said...

This is fantastic. Love the way that you have distressed your embossed backgrounds.
Carissa