Wednesday 23 August 2017

Scribbly Trees

I have another couple of Christmas cards to share today...that I made using stamps from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set (by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous) to test out the lovely Tim Holtz Stamp Platform that I got for my birthday. I started by stamping the tree trunks and ground in 'Gathered Twigs' Distress Ink, then I used a mixture of 'Forest Moss' and 'Peeled Paint' for the foliage. Finally, I stamped the stars at the top in Versamark Ink, then heat embossed them using 'Sparkling Gold' embossing powder by WOW. I inked around the edges using 'Old Paper', and a little 'Brushed Corduroy' on the very edges. I distressed the edges a little, then matted the panels on to some snippets of green card. The sentiment stamp is from the same stamp set.



You can just about make out the sparkle on the gold stars in this one:



Challenges for this card:


10 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of these images and the loavely CAS cards you have created with them. The distressed edges are a fantastic touch! Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers August Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards. I too love the simplicity of these cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I'm also with people who commented that they love the simplicity of these cards. I know there were a few stages so simplicity doesn't always go hand in hand with quick! Love them!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely CAS Christmas cards, Helen! So elegant!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely CAS xmas card! i love it!

    Thank you for sharing your creative talent at our challenge at Creative Moments, good luck!
    Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

    X
    Diana
    DT member at Creative Moments
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely stunning card! Thanks for joining us over at Creative Moments Challenges. Please join in with us again. We hope you will come back and play with us again. Good Luck with the challenge. Sollan member of the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great cards, Helen! Love the kraft background with these pretty tree images! So what do you think of the Platform? Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty tree stamps. You've inked and stamped them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cas cards Helen. Love them on kraft with just a hint of colour and light distressing. Perfect for easy mailing come Christmas time. thanks for sharing with us for our August Christmas Challenge over at Happy Little Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely elegant CAS cards. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x