Wednesday 2 August 2017

ABC Christmas Challenge - P, Q & R are for?

We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Chrissy is the host, and we have three awesome themes this month, which you can choose between, or combine:

'P is for People',
'Q is for Quick'
&
'R is for Red'
(Just don't forget the Christmas theme!)

Our sponsor for this challenge is Lawn Fawn:
Lawn Fawn
Prize - a Stamp Set & 6x6 Paper Pad of the winner's choice!

I made a card for each of the three themes...the first one features 'People' in the 'Skating' stamp by Rachelle Anne Miller for Stampavie, which I coloured using watercolour pencils. The papers are from the 'Bundled Up' pad by Crate Paper...I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous.


Challenges for this card:
For my 'Quick' card, I coloured an image I'd stamped a while ago...it's called 'Caroling Chicks' by Stamping Bella. I coloured it using watercoloure pencils, trimmed it down to the width of my card base, then cut the top of the image using one of my Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside' border dies. The sentiment came in the same stamp set.


Challenges for this card:
For my 'Red' card, I picked an old Whiff of Joy stamp that I think is called 'Henry & Friend - Candy Cane'. Again, I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, and added another sentiment from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set. I matted it on to a piece of kraft card...having cut a scalloped border using my 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch by EK Success, then mounted it onto a red card base.


Challenges for this card:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. All of your cards are so SWEET!! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet are all of your cards Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards Helen!
    Thanks for counting down to Christmas with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous set of cards Helen :-) all of them are super cute adorable :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, I hope to join in SOON!! I am always so busy in summer :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great collection of cards, Helen - all very cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x