Monday 28 August 2017

Doodle Flowers

I have a simple one layer card to share today, featuring a set of stamps that I think I must have bought over 10 years ago, but haven't seen a lot of ink in all that time...they're called 'Doodle Flowers' by Inkadinkado. I stamped them on to kraft card using 'Smokey Gray' Versafine Ink...to make them look like they'd been doodled using a pencil. I stamped a sentiment from the 'Thoughtful Messages' set by Hero Arts in the same grey ink, then used my watercolour pencils to colour the flowers. I didn't use any water on the colouring as I wanted the colours to remain quite vibrant, but added some white accents with a gel pen.


Challenges for this card:


5 comments:

  1. I like this Helen. Great colours and like the stamping straight onto the Kraftcard card blank. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the flowers seem to hug the sentiment and your choice of colours works really well. Thanks for joining us at Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I love that you stamped onto Kraft cardstock. Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely one-layer card! Beautiful flowers on kraft!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday! Mariken DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, I love your freestyle doodling, it looks good on the Kraft card. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x