Sunday 6 August 2017

Pile It On! Challenge - Recycle!

We have another fun Pile It On! Challenge starting today...and the theme is:

'Recycle'

Our sponsor this month is MelonHeadz Illustrating:
Prize - 1 Bundle from MelonHeadz Illustrating!

I recycled a piece of corrugated kraft card that was part of the packaging for a set of cake tins, and combined it with papers from the 'Prince Charming' pad by Recollections/Michaels. The image is 'Birthday Dog' by Penny Black, which I coloured using watercolour pencils. I distressed all of the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from a set by Lili of the Valley.


Here are the challenges I've piled on:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, including new team mates Marciava & Valerie, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Great bit of recycling and the dog is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, love your project, birthday cake is perfect for our Food/Drink Challenge! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge BLog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. I love your image. Your recycled kraft paper goes so well with blue papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I love corrugated card on cards...I have a great multicoloured pack from Lidl I use all the time. I love the card...a good idea to recycle the card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super gorgeous. Love the image and love the design. Great colours used too.
    Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Helen! Such a darling birthday card, and the sweetest color theme! Wonderful in every way, and sure to please the recipient. So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for joining us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creation.. I love the colours and the papers. Cute image, too.

    Thanks for playing along with this 2 Crafty Critters Crazies Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Doris
    *GDT* 2CraftyCritterCrazies
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#8 – Birthday (Summer kids are the best))
    *DT* Die Sketchtanten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project thank you for joining the challenge at
    http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. So in love with this. Great make. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Animals. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! The papers compliment each other perfectly! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Ania DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card with such a fab image. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x