I stamped the butterfly using a few shades of Distress Ink (Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon & Cracked Pistachio), then used my waterbrush to drag out some of the colour. I added a sentiment (from the Thoughtful Messages' set by Hero Arts), stamped in black ink, then heat embossed it along with the butterfly using 'Kaleidoscope' embossng powder from Stampendous...I haven't used it years, but it gave such a pretty effect I used it on the other card in this post too!
On my second card, I picked a butterfly from the 'PenPattern Butterflies' set by Stampendous...again stamping it in a few shades of Distress Ink (Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Festive Berries). This time I watercoloured it using more of the same inks, and some 'Tea Dye' for the body. Once again, I heat embossed it using the kaleidoscope powder, then inked around the edges with 'Tea Dye' and 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Inks. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.
Challenges for these cards:
- Corrosive - Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
- Crazy Challenge - Inking is Fun
- Crazy 4 Challenges - Monochromatic
- Fab 'N' Funky - Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers (Watercolour) - Anything Goes
- Moving Along with the Times - Something beginning with B (Butterflies)
- Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes