Thursday 17 August 2017

Butterflies

I have a couple of butterfly themed cards to share today...the first one features a stamp from the 'Social Butterfly' set by Penny Black.


I stamped the butterfly using a few shades of Distress Ink (Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon & Cracked Pistachio), then used my waterbrush to drag out some of the colour. I added a sentiment (from the Thoughtful Messages' set by Hero Arts), stamped in black ink, then heat embossed it along with the butterfly using 'Kaleidoscope'  embossng powder from Stampendous...I haven't used it years, but it gave such a pretty effect I used it on the other card in this post too!


On my second card, I picked a butterfly from the 'PenPattern Butterflies' set by Stampendous...again stamping it in a few shades of Distress Ink (Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Festive Berries). This time I watercoloured it using more of the same inks, and some 'Tea Dye' for the body. Once again, I heat embossed it using the kaleidoscope powder, then inked around the edges with 'Tea Dye' and 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Inks. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


Challenges for these cards:


8 comments:

  1. The butterflies are beautiful, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful two cards with the butterfly.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Moving Along with the Times.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Helen… Thanks for sharing your lovely Butterfly card with Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog; it fits perfectly with our ‘Things beginning with B’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us again very soon.
    Diane Louise (DT member) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge.
    Iskra DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards!! I especially love the red one, what a stunning image. Thank you so much for joining us at the HLS Watercolor challenge. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your CAS cards and butterflies!!!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !!!
    Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
    Lidia DT
    http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x