Sunday 13 December 2015

Quality Street Wreath

Apologies for being a bit quiet on here the last couple of weeks...the end of term is always the busiest time, what with concerts, exams, extra lessons & rehearsals...but I'm done with school now until next year! I still have a few Christmas projects to complete...some of which I can't share on here until after Christmas (don't want to spoil the surprise!), but I will still have a few projects to blog...including this chocolate wreath:


I make a couple of these each year (one for my house, and another for my parents)...it's become a sort of tradition...we hang them on internal doors though, and they get slowly  demolished over the festive period. I start with a polystyrene wreath (I'm still using the original ones I bought 4 years ago), with a piece of wired ribbon tied around in a bow from which to hang it. I use a hot glue gun to attach the sweets...I use Quality Street because the wrappers are fairly plain...most other sweets have too much branding on them...and can fit a whole tub on each wreath!

Challenges for this wreath:


15 comments:

  1. Hi Helen - many thanks for your lovely comment over in the Playground - good job you called by as I'd forgotten to actually link up to the challenges!

    I do love this sweetie wreath and think that Quality Street must have been made for such a purpose, but no-one thought of it before!

    If your piece of ribbon was a snippet (even a looooooong piece of ribbon can pass as a snippet in my eyes) then do please link into the Playground, the girls would LOVE to see this, amazing!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my my Helen...this is so very unique and festive!! I love it! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy...good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wreath - I'm not sure how long it would last in our house!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic and delicious project. It looks good enough to eat, and if it were at my house, that is exactly what would happen. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on this wreath. It wouldn't last till Christmas at my house. My husband is a choco-holic. Thanks for joining the Crafty Addicts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. DT Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. DT Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Helen, this is fab-u-lous!! What a great idea for Christmas!! Enjoy eating the sweets! And thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge, too!

    love, Mags B x.

    PS suddenly I want to eat chocolate now!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see a different type of project! And a fun one! Thank you for taking TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat wreath! Thanks for sharing at Crafting for All Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea - love it. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 259 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning creation,perfect for our Christmas theme.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Friends.

    Hope you join us again soon.

    Tracey DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great idea. that is one yummy wreath. would love one please ;). thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea ! :)
    Really creative and pretty ! :)
    Congratulations as top 5 at Fussy and Fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is my kinda wreath!! Very cool xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x