Saturday 5 December 2015

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Christmas/Holidays

It's the first Saturday of the month...so that means it's time for a new Penny Black Saturday Challenge...and this month the theme is:

'Christmas/Holidays'

We are sponsored for this challenge by:

Prize - a $20 voucher

I started by stamping the bauble stamp from the 'A Bright Tomorrow' set in black ink on some plain white card, then coloured them using watercolour pencils. Then I stamped some of the snowflake flurries from the same set in Versamark around the edge, and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I blended shades of blue Distress Inks (Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon & Peacock Faethers) around the edges, and then added some sparkle to the baubles using my Wink of Stella pen. I matted it on to a panel embossed using my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder...I used one of my 'Stitched Hillside Border' dies to cut the wavy edge at the bottom. The sentiment stamp is from the same stamp set.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the snowflakes on your card, Helen, and those blues are heavenly! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Helen. The colors and all of the embossing you included. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x