Tuesday 2 October 2012

Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - Inspired by a Film or Song Title

This week at Oldie but a Goodie, our challenge theme is:

'Inspired by a Film or Song Title'

Our sponsor for this challenge is:
and the fabulous prize:

The film title I took my inspiration from is 'The Snowman'...and I've used one of my oldest (and still most favourite' stamps...'Snowy' by Penny Black. The papers are also old...from the 'Tis the Season' collection by Bo Bunny...I distressed the edges, then added faux stitching using my Cutterbee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment is from the 'Joy to the World' set by Penny Black, and is stamped on to a die cut ticket from my lovely buddy Samantha...I think it's from Craftwork Cards.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to Oldie but a Goodie.

21 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous hun, and such fab colours. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always Helen. Your are the Queen of doodling - simply perfect!
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet! What soft, pretty colours - the blue scarf looks so snuggly!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww gorgeous! Love the cute snowman and fabulous design and colours too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snowman Helen and the papers are gorgeous too!
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Everything works so well together. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely papers & card. I do love that PB snowman. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, the snowman is cute and the colours are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge. Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a super card,loving all the distressing on your backing papers too.

    Thankk you for joining in with our challenge over at Craftymess.

    Sandie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is SO CUTE! I love all of your distressing that you did! Thanks for playing with us this week at Hiding In My Craft Room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a little cutie, love your pastel colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, I do love that snowman! thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love the colors! Thanks for playing with us at Hiding in my Craft Room! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable sweet Christmas card Helen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous. Love the papers used and the distressing on the edges.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card Helen, great colours, love what you've done with the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Helen
    Great take on the challenge, love your image and colouring, fab design.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous snowman Helen, love your card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Helen. Such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x