Friday 5 October 2012

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Tags

This week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, we want to see:

'Tags'

There's no sponsor this week...but we'll be picking one lucky entrant to join us as a guest designer!

I started by embossing a piece of blue Core'dinations card using my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder...sanding over the raised areas to reveal the lighter core...then adhering it to a plain manilla tag. I added some strips of torn white card to the bottom for some 'snow' and some trees cut using a Marianne Designs die from more Core'dinations card...sanding the edges to look like a dusting of snow. I stamped a sentiment (from the 'Joy to the World' set by Penny Black) and some adhesive pearls to the centres of the embossed snowflakes.


I'm also entering this tag into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long.

14 comments:

  1. So gorgeous tag.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start making use of my colour core paper. This is gorgeous.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully designed. Love everything about it. Wishing you a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag Helen, this is gorgeous. THANK YOU so much for my birthday card too. You're so talented and I'm so happy to have one of your beautiful creations in the flesh. It's truly gorgeous.
    Thank you honey. :0)
    Hugs
    Annette
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this!!! Everything is just perfect. That is one of my favorite embossing folders, but I never thought to add those pearls. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, this is totally cool! I adore the fabulous texture and the torn snow is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUst GORgeous! LOving your colours on this pretty tag.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab tag, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen, your embossed snow and die cut trees look fabulous on this wonderful snowy scened tag. Lovin' your torn paper snow hills too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen lovely tag... love the Background!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tag. Very simple and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your clean design is fab! Love how you've teared the paper to make the snowy ground, and the embossed paper with snowflakes works so well as the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x