Wednesday 21 December 2011

ABC Christmas Challenge - Z is for...

It's my turn to host the final ABC Christmas Challenge of 2011...where our theme is:

'Z is for Zingy Colours!'

And I found this funny photo for some inspiration:


Lol...rainbow coloured turkeys!

We have two wonderful sposors for this challenge...firstly our lovely Lacey & her store, Stamp & Create:


The prize from Lacey is a $20 voucher to spend at Stamp & Create!

Our other sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps:




The prize from Bugaboo Stamps is 7 of their fabulous digis!

I don't mean to boast...but I finished all my Christmas cards a few weeks ago...and even had some left over! But, I've not been quite so well prepared with all my tags...or even some of the gifs themselves! lol So I've made some much needed tags for this challenge. I took some 'zingy' coloured papers (from the 'Fancy Christmas' pack by Dovecraft and one from the 'Colourful Christmas' collection by My Mind's Eye) and used it to cover some plain tags...scuffing up the egdes a little with my distressing tool. I then made some of the papers double sided, by folding them back on themselves and sticking with glue, so that when I cut out the trees (using a Marianne Designs die) they'd be patterned on both sides. I then added some 'zingy' coloured ribbons for attaching them to their gifts.


I used two trees on each tag, cutting half-way up from the bottom on one, and half-way down from the top on the other, so that they would link together to make a 3D tree:


And another view for good measure:


I'm also entering these tags into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my fabulous DT buddies, and a couple of the Bugaboo Stamps DT girls...please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Great tags, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tags Helen ,,what a great idea !! LOVE them :-)

    ab theme too and I love the turkeys lol :-)

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops ,,, the 'f' went awol ,,,, fab theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tags, Helen, I love your trees! And yes, please don't boast:-), you cannot imagine the pressure knowing I am always behind!!! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toll :)
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, these are fab! I need to make some more tags. Every year I say I'll make them in the summer....do I ever? No....Guess I need to get cracking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x