Friday 2 December 2011

Cuttlebug Spot Challenge - Leftovers

***This challenge goes live today***

After last fortnight's 'Turkey' themed challenge, this time at the Cuttlebug Spot, we are challenging you to use your:
'Leftovers'
(Not literally the leftovers of your Thanksgiving dinner, but rather those little scraps and snippets of papers and card that you just couldn't bear to throw away)

I'm a terrible hoarder of paper scraps and have boxes of little pieces and paper stacks that no longer have any full size pieces in, but instead are full of little offcuts saved because you never know when they might come in handy! Here are the remains of  my 'Ooh La La (for Him)' collection by My Mind's Eye:


These started life as 12x12 papers, but now there's nothing left that's bigger than about 5 inches, and most bits are much smaller...so I did what I often do when I ponly have little pieces left, which is to make a sort of patchwork effect backing - great for using uneven sized scraps. I distressed the edges, and added faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. The image is from the 'Micey Day' set by Penny Black, coloured using watercolour pencils...the sentiment is also from the same set. I made the 'daisies' using my Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' die and BasicGrey brads for the centres.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration, please pop over to the Cuttlebug Spot...I just know that my lovely DT buddies will have come up with some wonderful projects this week!

14 comments:

  1. what a wonderful way to use your left over ~just delightful
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, Your card is fabulous l use left overs a lot and they are the icing on the card......lol:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Helen, Great you have joined us at Sweet stampin this week with your fab card. Love all the "Leftovers" Your card is gorgeous. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW and this is with your scraps! YOU must have a HUGE draw full!! theheheee Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous card and a good way to get rid of those left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen

    Brilliant use of your snippets!!!

    I love the finished look very much .. .. snippets teamed up with a Penny Black image .. .. what could be better LOL!!

    Thank you for sharing in the snippet playground this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the leftovers idea. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW brilliant card with leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, thankyou for sharing with us at sweetstampin xxKozmikxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card helen - love the patchwork scraps effect. I'm a great hoarder of scraps too ... but this week whilst off work to do some Christmas jobs i decided my collection of "bits" was outgrowing the house so i have had a (semi) ruthless clearout ... I still have a box of snippets but now they are all of a reasonable size - all the teeny ones have GONE - I got rid of two carrier bags full (eek!!) + i sorted out all my "bits" of card and various other craft stuff inc. hoovering out my big craft tote - what a mess was that?? I even unravelled my carrier bag chaos of ribbons and colour-co-ordinated them all into freezer bags (eek!!)... I'm hoping my crafting speed will now be faster as I'll actually be able to see what craft supplies I've got lol!!
    Hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, love the way you have used your leftovers.Love this image,beautifully coloured.Great card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is simply GORGEOUS. Brilliant use of your snippets xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super patchwork and I love the image. A few less snippets then? :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great use of your scraps x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x