We have another fun ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Lindsey is the host, and the themes this month are:
'W is for Wreath'
'X is for fauX'
And the prize for the lucky winner:
My 'W is for Wreath' project is a Quality Street chocolate wreath...I make a couple of these every year. I'm still using the original polystyrene wreath shapes...and simply use my hot glue gun to attach the chocolates. I use a whole tub of chocolates on each wreath...although every year there are fewer chocolates, so the white of the wreath shape underneath is starting to show through this year!
I went with faux stitching on my 'X is for fauX' card. I picked a Penny Black image called 'Wishes for Kisses', which I stamped on to watercolour paper and coloured using watercolour pencils. I added a sentiment and little snowflake from a couple of the Penny Black transparent sets. The plaid papers are from two differentpads...the green paper is from the 'Ho Ho Ho Christmas' pad by Polkadoodles, and the red paper is from the 'Festive Chalkboard' pad by Craftwork Cards...I distressed the edges a little before adding my faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes with a Sentiment
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes (Something Beginning with H - Hedgehog)
- Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy - Animals
- Penny Black & More - Christmas
- Simon Says Stamp (Wednesdays) - Anything Goes
- Stamping Sensations - Traditional Christmas Colours
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.