Friday 5 April 2013

Pencil Sketch Flowers

More CAS cards from me today...this time a couple of flowery one layer cards using a some of my favourite Hero Arts stamps, and a technique that I spotted on this card in the Hero Arts Flickr group. I stamped the floral stamps ('Blooming Meadows' & 'Garden Bouquet') in 'London Fog' Memento ink, then coloured over the top using my watercolour pencils...although I didn't add any water...and it sort of looks like a pencil sketch. I did the white one first, then wondered what it would look like on kraft...I also stamped the sentiment (from the 'Wonderful' set by Penny Black) in grey...I thought that black might look too harsh...but once it dried it almost disappeared on the kraft!


Challenges for these cards:

19 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cards.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning cards Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh these are so pretty
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really pretty Helen. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥
    ♥ HIMCR ♥DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love these, great cards again Helen & the colouring is just perfect for those lovely flowers. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Helen.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty Helen - you make such lovely cards with these stamps. Thanks so much for my Easter card by the way - sooo cute ! :-)
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely elegant card! The flowerstamps are so pretty! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, love the colouring you have done on these!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen, Oh these are both lovely creations, Cant decide which is my favourite. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love these - so simple and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They both look fantastic, Helen! Beautiful image and I love the CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two very pretty cards Helen, I love the kraft one especially. Thanks so much for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally beautiful Helen!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great floral card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Cindy
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two gorgeous cards Helen. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards, v simple but v effective!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x