Friday, 5 April 2013

Pencil Sketch Flowers

More CAS cards from me today...this time a couple of flowery one layer cards using a some of my favourite Hero Arts stamps, and a technique that I spotted on this card in the Hero Arts Flickr group. I stamped the floral stamps ('Blooming Meadows' & 'Garden Bouquet') in 'London Fog' Memento ink, then coloured over the top using my watercolour pencils...although I didn't add any water...and it sort of looks like a pencil sketch. I did the white one first, then wondered what it would look like on kraft...I also stamped the sentiment (from the 'Wonderful' set by Penny Black) in grey...I thought that black might look too harsh...but once it dried it almost disappeared on the kraft!


Challenges for these cards:

19 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning cards Helen xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh these are so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Claire said...

These are really pretty Helen. Hugs, Claire x

Nana said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR.

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥
♥ HIMCR ♥DT

Janice said...

I so love these, great cards again Helen & the colouring is just perfect for those lovely flowers. Jx

Katina said...

Two gorgeous cards Helen.
x

Pauline C said...

These are so pretty Helen - you make such lovely cards with these stamps. Thanks so much for my Easter card by the way - sooo cute ! :-)
hugs
Pauline x

Hanneke said...

Lovely elegant card! The flowerstamps are so pretty! Hugs, Hanneke

Helen said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Gorgeous, love the colouring you have done on these!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Helen, Oh these are both lovely creations, Cant decide which is my favourite. Thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Emma H said...

Oh, I love these - so simple and so beautiful!

Delphine said...

They both look fantastic, Helen! Beautiful image and I love the CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two very pretty cards Helen, I love the kraft one especially. Thanks so much for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Deb said...

Totally beautiful Helen!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great floral card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Cindy
DT

Carol said...

Two gorgeous cards Helen. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Lindsey said...

Lovely cards, v simple but v effective!