Monday, 8 April 2013

Birthday Star

I have a card for this week's Less is More challenge to show you today...now I wasn't sure about the 'Lime & Black' colour combo...not really my sort of colours at all...but I thought I'd give it a try. I found a piece of lime green patterned paper is an old BasicGrey pad ('Lemonade') and cut a star our of it using one of my Nesties. I layered that over some black card...I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch for the border. The sentiment stamp is from a little Studio G set.


Challenges for this card:

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Helen this is a gorgeous CAS card. Loving the elegant design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Kath said...

A great card - love the star.
Kath x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Helen.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chrissie said...

This is great Helen, I love the doodled frame on the lime panel!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sharon said...

This is a fabulous CAS card Helen. Love the design and colour scheme.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
Hugs Sharon. x

JanR said...

Great card! I love that doodling. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Hanneke said...

What a great CAS card! I love the colors. Hugs, Hanneke

Chris Simon said...

Fabulous card! I love the way you've used the lime paper - that's one of the patterns in that pack that I always look at and then put away because I can't figure out what to do with it. Now you've got me thinking!

Jen said...

helen this is fab... perfect for a man!
Love how you use the Lime and Black. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Sharon said...

I love lime and black and this is a great card.

Lou said...

Hi!I really love this,
great design and perfect colours too.
Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,
hugs Lou.xx