Wednesday 9 October 2024

ABC Christmas Challenge - U & V are for?

We have a fun new ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Carol is the host, and the themes are:

'U is for Unusual Christmas Colours'
&
'V is for Velvet'

The prize for the lucky winner is a die and pack of embellishments:


For my 'Unusual Christmas Colours' card, I picked a cute Woodware stamp called 'Snowman Family', stamping it on to watercolour paper along with a sentiment from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, then distressed the edges a littlebefore adding it to a kraft DL card blank.


For my 'Velvet' card, I picked one of the die cut coloured panels by Lili of the Valley that have been lurking in my stash for years...this one is from the 'Traditional Christmas' set. I trimmed it down (mainly to remove the rounded corners, then distressed the edges before matting it on to some teal card. For the background, I used some even older snippets of BasicGrey 'Figgy Pudding' papers...distressing the edges of those too, before adding faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen, and matting them on to more teal card. For the velvet element, I added some coordinating strips of velvet ribbon.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x