Wednesday 14 February 2024

ABC Christmas Challenge - C & D are for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge! Helene is the host, and the themes are:

'C is for Cats'
&
'D is for Dogs'

The prize for the lucky winner is a $10 Gift Certificate to one of Helene's favourite Digi Stamp stores:


For my 'C is for Cats' card, I used a pair of caroling cats from the 'Christmas Hugs' set by Penny Black, stamping them on to watercolour paper, then colouring them using watercolour pencils. I cut around the top of the image, then added a piece of starry sky paper (from the 'Christmas Night' pad from The Works) behind them. The sentiment stamp is from an old Lili of the Valley set.


The pup image of my 'D is for Dogs' card is also by Penny Black, this time from the 'Wintertime Cheer' set. I stamped him on to watercolour paper, then coloured him using watercolour pencils. I used a couple of snowflake covered papers from the 'Let it Snow' pad from Poundland for the background...distressing the edges a little using my CutterBee Bug and a black and white gel pens.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Aw Such a cute cad. Love the patterned paper and that sweet pup! Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both fantastic cards and a real inspiration! I absolutely adore that cute little pup and might have to do a little shopping...!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two for the price of one today Helen, the little Cats really pop against the black background, but the sweet little doggie just might be my favourite. Many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun pair of cards, Helen. I particularly love the first one - you have created a perfect winter's night scene.
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Helen, que c'est adorable! je suis fan, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x