Tuesday 30 January 2024

Skating Penguin

I have another Christmas card to share today...this one features one of the penguins from the 'Les Penguins' set of stamps by Katzelkraft. I stamped it on to watercolour paper, drew a line for the icy ground using a black gel pen, then coloured the image using watercolour pencils. I added a sentiment from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous, then carefully cut around the top of the image. For the background, I used a piece of 'snowy sky' paper from the 'Christmas' pad by Craft Sensations, layered it behind the image then added some gold metallic die cut stars (cut using dies from the 'Snowy Stars' set by Tim Holtz for Sizzix). I matted it all on to some more gold mirror card before adding it to a card blank.


Challenges for this card:

8 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Helen, lovely stamp
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful winter wonderland you've created. That penguin looks like he's having fun too. A perfect card for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that penguin is adorable! What a charmer for a perfect winter scene! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card, Helen! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little skaking penguin - so cute. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your winter wonderland card is so beautiful, Helen. I love the shaking penguin ...

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my ONCE UPON A TIME challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. This skating penguin is so stinking cute! I really like how you added white ink to create the ice surface for this little guy! Thank you for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge. I hope you will join us for the February challenge. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x