Wednesday 10 January 2024

ABC Christmas Challenge - A & B are for?

It's the second Wednesday of a new month, so that means it's time for a new ABC Christmas Challenge...and today, we are starting our fifteenth trip through the alphabet! I'm the host, and the themes are:

'A is for Anything Christmas Goes
&
'B is for Berries'

The prize for the lucky winner is this stamp set & paper pad:


On my 'A is for Anything Christmas' card, I used a stamp that I got for Christmas, called 'Starry Reindeers' by Woodware Stamps. I stamped it on to watercolour paper using Versamark Ink, along with a sentiment from the set, then heat embossed them in gold. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, adding some shimmer to the stars using gold mica pigment mixed with water. I distressed the edges a little, then matted it on to some gold mirror card before adding it to a kraft DL card blank.


For my 'B is for Berries' card, I used another new stamp 'Christmas Bells' by Denami Design, which I stamped itno the centre of a piece of black card using Versamark Ink and then heat embossed it in gold. I then used my stamping platform to repeat stamp my 'Sketchy Sprigs' stamp (by Woodware Stamps) around the edges...again heat embossing it in gold. I watercoloured the image using Cosmic Shimmers mica pigments mixed with a little water. I matted it on to some gold mirror card, then added it to a white card blank. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. A short C&P comment as I'm unwell and unable to type/craft much, but wanted you to know I've seen your WLS entry and thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous stamp, Helen, and I do love how you have used it on this gorgeous card
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. that raindeer stamp is so sweet, two beautiful cards Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pair of cards, Helen and I particularly love the sweet deer image. I love the subtle sparkle on both cards, too.
    Thank you for the lovely Christmas card and I hope you have a Happy New Year.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards the one that touched my heart is the Reindeer they are absolutely fabulous thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x