Sunday 28 January 2024

Watercolour Snowflakes

I have a Christmas card to share today...made without stamping, not something I do very often! I started by making the background...embossing a piece of watercolour effect paper from the 'Mystery Marbles' pad by Craft Sensations using a Sizzix 'Snowflakes' embossing folder. I distressed the edges a little, then sanded over the raised areas to reveal some of the white core of the paper. For the sentiment, I used a Creative Expressions die...cutting it three times from snippets of white card, then carefully layering them up for more dimension, before adding it to the embossed background.


Here's a better look at the texture:


Challenges for this card:

2 comments:

  1. Love how you made this background Helen - it's really fab for a gorgeous wintry snowflake card.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x