Monday 6 June 2016

Doggy Giftcard Holder

I have another 'doggy' themed item to share today...this is a little giftcard holder for my Dad's birthday later this week. I (sort of) followed this tutorial, but altered the dimensions a little to use half a sheet of A4 card, and make a slightly larger area for my image. I stamped little paw prints over both sides of my piece of kraft card using a Hobbycraft background stamp and Versamark ink before measuring and scoring the folds. On the outside, I added a dog image (from the 'Man's Best Friend' set by Penny Black) coloured using watercolour pencils, and a Hero Arts sentiment (from the 'Fabulous Birthday' set).


On the inside, I used scissors to cut a slit wide enough for the giftcard to slide in, then one of my circle Nesties to cut a little notch. I stuck it all together with some thin doublesided tape, then punched a couple of holes in the front and back, and tied it all together using some  Baker's twine.


Challenges for this giftcard holder:


12 comments:

  1. Helen, this is such a cute card, I love the little dog you have coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and creative way to give a gift card, love the image and your colouring of it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative card - I have not seen one like this before and I really like it!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers Challenge 64 “Man’s Best Friend” Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I do love a nice doggy make! Much better than cats any day! Thanks for sharing your lovely gift card holder with us at Crafty Calendar!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project! Super cute image, and love that it is a gift card holder! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to present a gift card. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a gift card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful creation. perfect as a gift.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun and creative way to give a gift card!! Love it!!
    Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great project - love the paw print background.

    Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x