Thursday 2 June 2016

Bonnet Bunny

I picked up this adorable Penny Black stamp in a charity shop yesterday...she's called 'Bonnet Bunny'. I coloured her using watercolour pencils, and as it's quite a large image, just added a strip of patterned paper (from the 'Paper Hearts' pad by Crate Paper) - the sketch over at Sketch Saturday this week was perfect! The sentiment is from the 'Handwritten Borders' set by Simon Says Stamp (I only inked up the word part of the stamp). I distressed all of the edges, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


Challenges for this card:

11 comments:

  1. You use the most charming image - I love this little bunny and you always make the perfect card to go with them. I love this!! I am a big Beatrix Potter fan!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Helen, she is lovely. I wish our Charity shops had finds like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find hun! Such a gorgeous image and coloured beautifully. Love it! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable, thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable image, and your coloring is wonderful! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely and Beutiful card!!!! Love image and the colors!!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done, and great image, and the faux stitching is perfect, thanks for sharing with us at One Crazy Stamper.
    Leanne DT/OCS

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a darling design! wonderful!! thanks for playing along with us at One Crazy Stamper. Natalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your lovely work in Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Hope to see you in the latest challenge too, Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x