Friday 10 June 2016

Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!

It's my Dad's birthday today, and this is the card that I made for my Mum to give to him. He has a bit of a thing for chickens, so I used my Penny Black 'Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!' stamp (I masked off the chicken carrying flowers before stamping). I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, then added a sentiment made up from stamps from the Paula Pascual 'Big Messages' set and the 'You & I' set by Clearly Besotted. The papers are from the 'Recollections - Charming' pad by Michaels...I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen.


Challenges for this card:


10 comments:

  1. Hey Helen - you pick out images that I just adore and then you go on to make wonderful cards with them!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, what a great man's card..love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a chicken keeper myself, I think this is great, Helen! Fab image and the background papers go so well with it. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. Love the pattern papers. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments. :)

    - SP (Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect guy card! and those chickens are so fun :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Helen. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, great fun. Good to see a subdued background helps for the hens to pop off the page. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous male creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun image and wonderful design!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Let's Color linky party
    Critters and Creatures linky party

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x