Saturday 2 January 2016

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes

It's the first Saturday of the month...so that means it's time for a new Penny Black Saturday Challenge...and this month the theme is:

'Anything Goes'

We are sponsored for this challenge by:

Prize - a $20 voucher

There are a few changes happening at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge...including a mini makeover...so please take a few moments to stop be there and check them out.


I've made an easel card shaped calendar which I plan to use to keep track of all my design team projects, to (hopefully!) help avoid last minute panics! The image I used is called 'Literally Giant!'...it's a stamp I picked up in a charity shop last week...and I thought that it would perfect for this purpose! I coloured it using watercolour pencils, then added some lettering using a black gel pen. The papers are from the 'Indie Chic (Nutmeg)' pad by My Mind's Eye, which I've had for a while...but this was the first time that I've been brave enough to cut into it! I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. I popped some Craftwork Cards 'Card Candi' on for decoration, and to help prop up the top of the card, and added a Papermania calendar tab to the bottom.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT  buddies, please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. I just love the papers used on this project and the stitching just kicks it up a notch! Great work! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those papers are just on so beautiful! You colored your image perfectly to meld with them! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card hun and Happy New Year :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo lucky you for finding such a fabby stamp in a charity shop and i'm loving those new papers and layout too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Helen--amazing project! What a great idea to have such a lovely calendar to track your DT assignments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable easel card! Sweet mice! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges! Sara DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhhhh those papers are sooooo pretty!!! I can see why you had a hard time cutting into them. Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "My Precious" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful papers, so beautfiully crafted together into a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful papers to frame this wonderful image. Love the little calendar too! This will be something to treasure all year. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge. Meighan DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x