Wednesday 12 August 2015

One Owl...Two Ways

I have a 'two for one' offer on cards for you today...using a cute Hero Arts owl stamp ('Boy Owl') that I got for my birthday earlier this week. I thought with his big eyes and spectacles, that he'd be perfect for this week's Less is More Challenge where 'The Eyes Have It!'. As it's a 'one layer card' week...I simply stamped him on to my card base, coloured him using watercolour pencils, then added a Hero Arts sentiment (from the 'Anytime Messages' set. I couldn't resist adding a coating of Glossy Accents to his glasses!


Challenges for this card:
I really wanted to paper piece his outfit...wasn't sure if that was acceptable on a 'one layer card' or not...so I made another card...with lots of layers! I used papers from my Papermania 'Christmas in the Country' pad...picking a couple of checked patterns for his shirt & shorts. I distressed the edges of everything using 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink and my distressing tool, before adding some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment is again from the Hero Arts 'Anytime Messages' set.


Challenges for this card:


17 comments:

  1. Both cards are cute, Helen. I like the glossy accents that you added. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute CAS cards, love the owl . Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope to see you again very soon. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards ..... the little owl is so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both adorable. That owl is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday wishes Helen and what a fabulous stamp you received ... perfect for our 'eye' challenge and someone must have had their crystal ball working overtime to know this little fella would fit perfectly this week! Great image and colouring, super CAS.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute cards! Love the wee owl in his specs!! Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Make a Spectacle of Yourself" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both great cards Hele. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the heart.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's such a cute character Helen and looks great in both cards, however I do have a preference for the one layer card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen what a fab stamp to be given and you've made two super cards with it!
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe this is great Helen, I love both your cards and you're right the glossy accents are the perfect finishing touch for the glasses! Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenges. Shona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very different cards, a great showcase of what can be done with the same stamp. I love your OLC, such great colouring with your pencils too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. The image you have used is such a cutie and I really love the touch of gloss on his glasses !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door
    Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, Helen - a really cute owl!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's, Crafting from the Heart and Fab'n'Funky.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Penny’s & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Crafty Friends)
    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a cute things with wings card
    thank you for playing along with our challenge over at FNF

    hugs Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a great job of this. I loved your one layer card and then I saw the multilayered one and it was even more fabulous. Thanks for joining in the shopping our stash make a spectacle challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x