Friday 10 April 2015

Brown Paper Packages...

I have a gift tag to show you today...it's my Mum's birthday on Monday, so this tag was to go on her present...I always wrap everything in plain brown parcel paper:


I stamped one of the cupcakes from the Hero Arts 'Cupcakes' set on to a tag (from Hobbycrafts)...coloured the icing and cherry using watercolour pencils...and paper pieced the paper case using a scrap of My Mind's Eye paper (from the 'Ooh La La for Her' pad). I added some shading (using watercolour pencils) to the paper case, then sparkle to the icing (with 'Tiara' Stickles), and some Glossy Accents to the cherry. Finally, I added a sentiment from the same stamp set and tied it on to my parcel using some Baker's twine (from the Ribbon Girl).


Challenges for this tag:

6 comments:

  1. I love this Helen! And it's a fabulous idea to wrap everything in brown paper as then you don't have a problem of never having the "right" wrapping paper!

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The cupcake looks yummy :)

    Thanx for playing along at MTTC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea using brown paper always have the right one! love the cupcake tag--thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting fun
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that cupcake tag - so, so sweet, really! That Hero Arts set is one of my favorites. Great entry for the Food Challenge at Open Minded Crafting. Thanks for joining us and best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Thanks for entering Open-Minded Crafting Challenges.

    Kim
    Open-Minded Crafting
    {Craftisan Studios}
    {Design Team Showcase}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x