Wednesday 15 April 2015

ABC Christmas Challenge - H is for...

We have anew ABC Christmas Challenge starting today...Dorte is the host, and the theme is:

'H is for Happy Christmas/Happy Holidays Sentiment'
If you don't have anything suitable, my lovely teamie Samantha has created some freebie sentiments for you to download and use :0)

We are sponsored for this challenge by our very own Lacey and her Stamp & Create Store:
Prize - a $20 gift certificate for Stamp & Create!

I made a couple of simple cards using a inked up off-cut of card...one of those bits you get when you cut a square card from a piece of A4. I 'splodged' various shades of blue Distress Inks on to a messy mat (Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky & Chipped Sapphire) then spritzed my piece of card with water before laying it on the inks. I dried it using my heat gun, then heat embossed the snowflakes (a Hero Arts stamp) using white embossing powder. Finally, I spritzed over the top using some gold Cosmic Shimmer pigment mixed in a spray bottle with a little water.


I used a strip of the inked card on the first card...simply adding a 'Happy Christmas' sentiment (from the Woodware 'Bubble Tree' set) underneath:


On the second card, I cut the card down into three squares...again adding the same sentiment:


I'm also entering these cards into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

9 comments:

  1. Helen this is such and elegant and fresh Christmas design. Love the blue snowflakes.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fabulous, Helen. Great colours and lay out. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these and the blue background you created for the snowflakes looks fabulous. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and elegant cards, Helen, blue for a Christmas card is so pretty,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both Lush Helen LOVE them both love the colour and style, hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the simplicity but the big effect! Gorgeous creations! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.. Thanks for joining us over at Incy Wincy this week..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both gorgeous cards Helen. I love the fresh look of the blue background. Thanks for sharing at Incy Wincy Designs this week.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful thanks for joining us at stampavie and more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x