Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Through The Craft Room Door Challenge - Guest Designer

A few weeks ago I was picked as the lucky winner of a challenge over at the Through the Craft Room Door Challenge, and as part of my prize was asked to join them as a guest designer for one of their challenges...so today I'm doing just that. All of their challenges are:

'Anything Goes'
(so no excuse not to join in!)

They are sponsored this week by Pickled Potpourri Designs
Pickled Potpourri Designs

I was sent some images from Pickled Potpourri to use...and picked 'Grand Botanical' for my card, printing the images in a couple of different sizes and colouring them using watercolour pencils. I fussy cut the images out, and mounted them on to my card using 3D foam pads. For the background, I embossed plain white card using my Cuttlebug 'Swiss Dots' and 'Perfect Paisley' folders...edging it using co-ordinating yellow & green card. For th scalloped edging I used my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch, the sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp, and the yellow gems are from a My Mind's Eye 'Wild Asparagus' pack.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


For more inspiration from the lovely design team, please pop over to the Through the Craft Room Door Challenge.

8 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Congrats on your DT spot hun and what a superb card, love the happy flowers. Now, I am going to ask a technical question here: do you emboss first and then cut to size, or cut to size and then emboss? Hugs xx

Jen Armstrong said...

I love your card and how you layered and embossed! and those flowers really make me crave some Springtime fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts! -DT Jen

Sue said...

What a super card thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week hugs Sue xx

Sandra H said...

So pertty x

Chris said...

Beautiful sunflowers! Lovely design! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

cheiron said...

Beautiful sunflowers! Feels like spring. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Cara Malmrose said...

Helen thank you so much for being a part of our challenge this week at Through The Craft Room Door. Your card is just lovely!
(Hugs) Cara

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! You've done such a beautiful job coloring those flowers. And your card is gorgeous!

Thank you for participating in last week's Sweet Stampin’ Challenge! I hope you'll join us again soon!