Sunday 27 April 2014

Pile It On! Challenge - Ink on Paper Stamping

This week at the Pile It On! Challenge, our theme is:

'Ink on Paper Stamping'

Our sponsor for this challenge is Rogue Redhead Designs:
Prize - a $25 voucher to spend at Rogue Redhead Designs!

The Design team are all showcasing stamps from Rogue Redhead Designs...I was sent the 'This & That' set, which contains a mixture of image, background and sentiment stamps. I started by creating a watercoloured background on my tag using Distress Inks (Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Saphire, Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles & Forest Moss). I dabbed the ink pads on to my blending mat, then spritzed water over the top, before placing my tag on to the inks, and drying it with my heat gun. I also dyed a piece of seam binding ribbon to match with the leftover ink. I stamped the main image and sentiment in black ink...adding some extra colour to the birds with watercolour pencils. I used one of the smaller sentiments, clock image and chequered background stamps from the stamps stamped in 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink for the background. I also stamped the chequered stamp in Versamark Ink, embossing it with clear powder, before blending some more 'Brushed Corduroy' Distress Ink around the edges. I added a metal charm using some Baker's Twine, and then my matching seambinding ribbon to finish.


Here are the challenges I've piled on:


For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies...and to see more of the fabulous Rogue Redhead Designs stamps in action...pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.

15 comments:

  1. WOW What a beautiful tag Helen! I haven't made a tag in AGES ... you've inspired me ... thanks!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINGS WITH WINGS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inky tag Helen! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, This caught my eye over on Cute Card Thursday. You tag is just stunning! Love the soft colors and layers of stamping. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...your Tag is fantastic!


    thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT-Challenge!

    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sweetie...and I hope you had a lovely weekend too...:o)

    biggest of hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag, love how you matched your seam binding, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image. I love the colours you've got going on there, really nice.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenge
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation at Sweet Stampin and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, love it. Thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Helen you do Ink so well! love it hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous hun and ty for joining our firs challenge at Crafting for the Weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag, well done. Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC this month & very good luck. Be sure to visit us tomorrow for the winner & top selection and back on Thursday for the start of our brand new challenge for May. Take care love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful tag, fabulous inking and colour choice and great stamping. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Fabulous tag. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x