Monday 30 January 2012

Simple Butterflies

I have a couple of really simple fluttery butterfly cards to share today...inspired by the Less is More sketch challenge.


My starting point was the brightly coloured butterflies...not sure whether they were punched, or cut using a die, as they came from Lady LIM Mandi as part of a prize from a challenge she sponsored. I embossed the white card using my Craft Concepts 'Butterflies' folder...then added a scalloped border punched using my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch. The sentiment is a Whiff of Joy stamp.

Here's a better look:


And the pink one:


Challenges for these cards:

14 comments:

  1. They both look simply terrific Helen, I really like the butterfly EF.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly simple and beautiful! Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Helen these are fabulous and so striking.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, I love these cards - the splash of red looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are lovely! I also used that sketch for my latest card. Love the butterflies on your cards, really elegant with the scalloped borders. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are super Helen, There's something abou embossing that really pleases me

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen, Both cards are amazing:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful I feel inspired to do a LIM card now xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Helen, these are just beautiful! Stunning creations. Luv Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Helen - really stylish cards :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen

    Both cards are gorgeous thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz

    Hugs Dianne xx

    CraftyCatz DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, love the splash of colour and the embossed panels. Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Gorjuss.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Real pretty cards that pop of colour is fabulous! I now need that embossing folder! Hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x