Tuesday 24 January 2012

Cuttlebug Spot Challenge - Box & Gift

We have a brand new challenge starting today over at the Cuttlebug Spot Challenge...the theme is:

'Make a box & put something handmade inside'

I made a very simple set of little notecards (they're just under 4 inches square)...with a box of the same design. I used scraps of My Mind's Eye '29th Street Market' papers...cutting circles using Nesties, then embossing them with an assortment of Cuttlebug & Craft Concepts folders...sanding over the top to reveal some of the white core. I added a sentiment stamped using a satmp from the CCSR set by Papermania.


Here are all the little notecards (click the photo for a better view):


I'm also entering these into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please stop by the Cuttlebug Spot Challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, I totally love your box and cards, what a brilliant idea to use the embossing and sanding like that! I will give that a try as well!!

    I love how each and everyone has made a brilliant box and gift!!!

    love
    Jannie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the box and cards, so different and very modern! Luv Zippy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, simple and very stylish and just love the box.


    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Love the simplicity of these cards and that matching books is great. Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful notecard & box set idea. Thanks for entering Raise the Bar Circles/Rings challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
    Guest Bar-Tender Raise the Bar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea, so simple yrt effective :o)Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT. Good luck. Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic box and cards and the technique you've used looks great to try. Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet gift this will be! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sister's!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helen, the cards and box are lovely. Good idea. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea. You have a whole bunch of cards and boxes. Great work on the embossing ad the glitters.

    revitol scar removal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x