Happy New Year everybody!
Today sees the start of a brand new challenge over at Pile It On!...where our theme is:
As this is the first challenge of the month, we are sponsored by our fabulous regular sponsor:
The prize is a $15 voucher to spend in the wonderful Simon Says Stamp store!
We are joined today for the first time by our lovely new DT buddies, and both teams of DT members are playing this week, so there's a bumper crop of inspiration for you over on the Pile It On! blog.
My project is an easel card calendar...I usually make a few of these to give as gifts for the New Year...and for this one I decided to go for a 'non-cute' stamp...using my Hero Arts 'Blooming Meadows' stamp with the watercolour stamping technique. To make sure that my 'papers' matched...I blended the same colours of Distress Inks ('Victorian Velvet', 'Dusty Concord', 'Faded Jeans', 'Chipped Sapphire' & 'Forest Moss') on to white card. I used my Cuttlebug 'Victoria', 'D'Vine Swirls', 'Flower Fantasy' and Craft Concepts 'Budding Vine' folders to emboss, then lightly sanded over the surfaces to reveal some of the white card beneath. I distressed all of the edges a little, added a border punched with my EK Success 'Scalloped Diamonds' punch, and a calendar tab from Hobbycraft.
Here's a view from the front:
Here are the challenges I've piled on:
- Pile It On! - Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. - New Year
- Creative Stamp Friends - New Year's Card
- Cute Card Thursday - Happy New Year
- Digi Doodles - Anything Goes
- Hotshot Craft - Easel Card
- Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes
- My Mum's Craft Shop - Anything Goes
- Pollycraft - Punch It
- Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
- Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
- Wags 'n Whiskers - Fancy Folds