Tuesday 24 November 2020

Starry Twofer

I have a couple of cards for this month's Twofer 'Stars' Challenge to share today. The star element that I used on both cards is one of the stamps from the 'Magical Christmas' set by Creative Expressions...it's a wavy spray of solid stars.



On the Christmas card, I stamped the stars a few times using Versamark Ink on some navy card, then heat embossed them using 'Metallic Gold Sparkle' embossing glitter by WOW. I used some snippets of white hammer texture card to make a snowy landscape scene, using my 'Tree Landscape' die by Clearly Besotted, and a couple of the Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Hillside Border' dies. I added a large star, cut using one of the dies from the 'Snowy Star's set by Tim Holtz for Sizzix, cut from a snippet of gold mirror card, and a sentiment from a set by Lili of the Valley, also heat embossed in gold.


For the birthday card, I started by stamping the stars using Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean & Lucky Clover) on a diagonal directly on to my card blank in a rainbow pattern. I then layered snippets of co-ordinating coloured card on to a piece of scrap paper, then cut a star shape using one of my Nesties, adding it on to the card using 3D foam pads. The sentiment stamps are from the  Happy Little Stampers 'Everyday Sentiments' set.


Challenges for these cards:

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous silent night scene, Helen ... the swooshes of stars shimmer beautifully against the navy sky ... love that the Star of Bethlehem shines and glows above the snowy slopes! Your birthday card is so fun ... vibrant, full of colourful energy and so celebratory! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both these very pretty starry cards.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, Helen, what a wonderful set of designs, so distinctly different! Your nighttime scene is hushed and elegant and beautiful! All that fresh fallen snow and all those stars! I feel like I'm sitting in a warm cabin looking out at this wonderland. And your second design goes to the bold bright side with your giant rainbow star and starry rainbow galaxy! What a fun and festive birthday card! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #33! Keep safe and well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card, the gold looks so elegant against the navy. A magical night! Thanks for playing along at the 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' this bright, fun birthday design! Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous cards Helen! I love how you got two such different looks from that wonderful stamp.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x