Monday 9 November 2020

O Christmas Tree

Today's card was inspired by the 'Blue & Silver' colour option of this fortnight's Less is More Challenge. Blue is my favourite colour, and I love it paired with silver on Christmas cards, so even though I've already made more than enough for this year, I couldn't resist another - I'm sure this won't be the last either! I started by blending some of my blue Distress Inks (Broken China, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky & Chipped Sapphire) on to a snippet of watercolour paper. Once dry, I stamped a Christmas tree, along with some snowflakes, from a set by Paper Artsy, and a sentiment from the 'Scribbly Christmas' set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous, using Versamark Ink, then heat embossed them using 'Metallic Silver' embossing powder by WOW. I matted it on to a snippet of silver mirror card, before adding it to my card blank.


Challenges for this card:

11 comments:

  1. Love the blue and silver, and the nice and simple design. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful CAS design, so glad you have shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty CAS creation, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this rich blended background with the soft glow around the tree! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely CAS Christmas card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background inking, smashing make for the colour theme at LIM

    Happy Tuesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. the silver embossed on your beautiful background is very striking! I love that color combo as well! Thanks you for sharing at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing that you’re working on next year’s cards already! Blue and silver is one of my favourites. Beautiful card. Your background is a wonderful rich blend of blues. The silver shows so well off of it. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Helen, super blending of blues on your panel, it really sets the silver off. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very beautiful! Blue is also my favourite colour and this background is really striking. Just perfect for this gorgeous silver embossing. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an elegant design with the beautiful blue and silver embossing! thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x