Wednesday 4 December 2019

ABC Christmas Challenge - Y & Z are for?

We have reached the final ABC Christmas Challenge of the year...Samantha is the host, and the themes for this month are:

'Y is for Yuletide'
&
'Z is for Zig Zags'

There's a little prize from Samantha on offer for the winner of this challenge:

I couldn't find a specific 'Yule' sentiment among my stash of stamps, so used a combination of stamps frm the Happy Little Stampers 'Everyday Messages' set ('Have a') and Paper Smooches 'Graffiti Alphabet' stamps to make my own. I stamped it directly on to my DL card blank, then added an image from the Lili of the Valley 'Penguins' set below. I coloured the penguins using watercolour pencils.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


    On my 'Zig Zags' card, I used an old faithful...'Snowy' by Penny Black'...stamping him directly on to my card blank and coloured him using watercolour pencils, then I used snippets of 'zig zag' patterned paper, from the My Mind's Eye 'Chevrons' paper pad, to paper piece his hat and scarf. The sentiment stamp is from the  Sweet Dixie 'Merry Little Robin' stamp set.


    I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
    For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    8 comments:

    1. Hi Hele,

      What a cute pair of one layer cards with the adorable Snowy and those sweet penguins. Love how you made up that cool sentiment!
      Hugs
      Carol x

      ReplyDelete
    2. A sweet Christmas card, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

      B x

      ReplyDelete
    3. So cute, thank you for joining my challenge at Allsorts this week, xxx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great cards - love them both! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

      ReplyDelete
    5. So very creative you are Helen, love both your cards- but the z card most ;)
      Hugs Dorte

      ReplyDelete
    6. Fab cards!
      Penguins and snowdudes are my favourite!
      Thanks for celebrating the holidays with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks for sharing your awesome Christmas project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's December "Anything Christmas Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
      Hugs,
      Leslie, MLCCB DT
      Love To Scrap 2

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x