Tuesday 19 March 2019

Watercolour Butterflies

Today's card features more butterflies...this time from the 'Butterfly Birthday' set by Happy Little Stampers. I stamped them using Versamark Ink off the edge of a piece of watercolour paper, then heat embossed them using white embossing powder. I stamped one of the sentiments from the same set in black, then heat embossed in in clear, before watercolouring loosely over the top of the butterflies using Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet & Mermaid Lagoon). I distressed the edges of the watercoloured panel, then added it to a kraft card blank.


Challenges for this card:

7 comments:

  1. Fab makes for the LIM challenge, I love the soft colourwash as well as your chosen hues

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, I saw your card in the LIM gallery while commenting on my roster. I LOVE seeing the HLS stamps in action. This was my very first set ever designed and close to my heart. I love your watercoloured areas, so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at Less Is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty butterfly card, love the white embossing on the pops of colour. Thank you for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Helen , that is one of my most favourite butterfly sets! I love the colours you have chosen. Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card Helen. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fun card. Love how you did it on the edge and the colors are fantastic
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the resist technique, I love the artsy feel of this and all the white space, perfect for us! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x