Sunday 24 February 2019

Snowy Stars Twofer

I'm sneaking in under the wire into this month's Twofer Challenge, where the theme is 'Stars'...I picked up a new (to me) die set...called 'Snowy Stars' (by Tim Holtz for Sizzix) this week in a lovely little Aladdin's cave of a craft shop, and couldn't resist! I used it to make a birthday card and a Christmas card.


For the birthday card I used the large circular die on a piece of navy card, then backed it with some yellow so that the stars would 'shine' through. I used it as a background for my 'Cat on the Moon' stamp by Penny Black...I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, then carefully cut it out. I added a star cut using one of the single star dies from the same set, and heat embossed a sentiment made up of stamps from the 'Wish Upon a Star' set by Lawn Fawn.


For the Christmas card, I cut the same circular die into a piece of paper from the 'Mystery Marbles' pad by Craft Sensations. I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a white gel pen. I added a die cut sentiment ('Folk Merry Christmas' by Poppy Stamps), then added the panel to a white card blank.


Challenges for these cards:

5 comments:

  1. That's a magical starry wreath die, Helen, and I love how you have used it to create your two cards! It looks so pretty backed with yellow on one and that pretty DSP on the other! I also love that kitty-in-the-moon all nestled in the center!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous star wreath die that made two fantastic cards Helen!! LOVE the sweet birthday card with the bright yellow stars against the dark navy ... awesome contrast. And your sweet cat on the moo is adorable. Great colouring with your pencils and fussy-cutting! Your Christmas card is beauiful. Love it with the pretty soft colours of your patterned paper. Great CAS design. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! Your starry wreath looks fantastic on both cards! Whimsical with the Cat on the Moon for a birthday card. I like how you added the one larger star, too. Then you've made a very pretty and serene starry Christmas card. What a lovely die, and you've used it well for your Twofer. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our Twofer #13 Star challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful die used brilliantly.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful cards! What a fun and creative way to add stitching. I’ve never heard of that before and I love it! Man, I wish I would’ve known about that when I first started making cards a couple years ago. I was obsessed with the stitched look but I couldn’t afford all the stitched dies that were out there. Very cool. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x