Our sponsor for this challenge is SLS Lines:
Prize either 3 Single Digital Images or $10 worth of Digital Merchandise from the SLS Lines store!
Considering that about 99.9% of my craft stash would be considered 'cute', I found this theme quite a challenge! I decided to go for an elegant/shabby chic look...and picked papers from the 'Vintage Charm' pad by My Mind's Eye. I cut the butterflies from some of the plainer papers in the pad using Memory Box and Joy Crafts dies, and layered them up...they're not exactly the same shape, but it worked quite well. I embossed the bottom one using my CuttleBug 'Tiny Bubbles' folder. I inked around the edges of everything with 'Tea Dye' Distress Ink...then distressed the edges of the green panel, and added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Big Sentiments' set by Paula Pascual, and the adhesive pearls are by Papermania.
Here are the challenges I've piled on:
- Pile It On! - Not Cute
- Allsorts - No Squares
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Thank You
- Crafty Calendar - Things with Wings
- Creatalicious - Butterflies
- Creative Card Crew - Embossing (The butterfly is embossed)
- Dream Valley - Things with Wings
- Little Red Wagon - Make an Impression (The butterfly is embossed)
- Sweet Stamps - Things with Wings
- Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Time Out - Grunge & Embossing (The butterfly is embossed)
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Pile It On! Challenge.