Tuesday 14 May 2013

Oldie but a Goodie - Inspired by a Song

This fortnight at Oldie but a Goodie we want to see cards:

'Inspired by a Song'

 Our sponsor for this challenge is:


I've been inspired by the song 'Those magnificent men in their flying machines'...and used a Paper Nest image called 'Aviator Owen', which I coloured using watercolour pencils. The papers are from the 'Travel' pad by American Crafts - I picked this up before Christmas in the clearance section of TKMaxx, but this id the first time I've used any of them :0)
I distressed the edges a little, then added some faux stitching using my CutterBee Bug and a black gel pen...the sentiment stamp is form the 'Critter Party' set by Penny Black.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
For more inspiration from my lovely DT buddies, please pop over to the Oldie but a Goodie Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous image hun, he really is adorable, and I love those papers. Brilliant. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen...great card. I love this fabulous image.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the papers & that cute image - great card Helen, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A GORGEOUS CARD HELEN.

    HUGS RIET.XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Helen - super DP's
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Helen - super DP's
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and image and love those papers. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Helen, I love the map paper excellent choice
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great match of papers to your image, what a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo great image and papers, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card for a guy. That dp is perfect for the image! Thanks so much for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card I love the image and fabulous papers. Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch N Stash x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash.
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen this is adorable! Love the papers and stitching, perfect for this cute image. Thank you for joining in on our challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x