'Mother's Day with Stitching'
(Real or faux)
I love faux stitching...especially when I've distressed the edges of the papers I'm using...as it makes them kind of look like fabric. To get it to look as 'real' as possible, I use a little tool (my beloved CutterBee Bug) to pierce holes in the papers, before I draw on the 'stitching', with either a white or a black gel pen. I've used a Lili of the Valley image on my card....he's called 'Teddy - Big Bouquet'...for obvious reasons! I coloured him using watercolour pencils, to match the floral BasicGrey 'Hello Luscious' papers I've used. I embossed the plainest paper using my Cuttlebug 'Kassie's Brocade' folder, and cut a couple of flowers from some scraps of the papers using my 'Tattered Florals' die. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Sentiments' set by Hero Arts, and the sparkly brad is by American Crafts.
I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
- BasicGrey - Photo Inspiration (Papers are from the 'Hello Luscious' pad)
- CES - Flower Frenzy
- C.R.A.F.T. - Mother's Day
- Craft Your Days Away - Mother's Day
- Dream Valley - Mother's Day
- Oldie but a Goodie - Mum's the Word (I've had this stamp for at least 18 months...really should use him more!)