Saturday 18 September 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes!

We have a really special challenge for you this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, as today see the release of the latest range of stamps exclusive to the Secret Crafter shop. We're all so excited about these fabulous new stamps...that we've decided that this week:

'Anything Goes!'

So, there's no excuse for you not to join us, and in addition to being in with a chance of winning the usual monthly prize, you could be the lucky winner of a complete set of the new stamps!

I loved the new stamps so much...I made a card with each of them...so beware...this is a LONG post today! lol

Ok...first up we have 'Italian Girl':


Doesn't she make you fell summery? Even though it's blinkin' cold here in the UK today! lol
I coloured her with watercolour pencils to match the bright 'Ooh La La (for Her)' papers by My Mind's Eye. I distressed all of the edges, and added some faux stitching. The flowers are by Prima, the brads are Papermania, and the sentiment stamp is by Simon Says Stamp.

The next one is called 'Angel Boy':


When I first saw him, I thought of 'Cupid', so combined him with 'Adore' papers from My Mind's Eye. Again, I distressed the edges, and added some Prima flowers and card candy. I carefully cut around the bottom of his wings, and his hanging leg so that it would look like he was sitting on the bottom panel, then I coated the whole image with Crackle Accents. It was really difficult to photograph it, but I think you can just about see the crackled effect.

The third stamp is called 'Ice Skating Couple':


This image would be perfect for anniversary cards, winter birthdays or even Christmas cards. I watercoloured it to match the yummy 'Wild Asparagus' papers by My Mind's Eye. The flowers are a mixture of Prima and Poppicrafts.

The final image is the one I gave you a sneak peek of yesterday...and I think she's my favourite...she's called 'Bird Fairy':


Again, I coloured her with watercolour pencils, and used My Mind's Eye 'Wild Asparagus' papers, and Prima flowers. I kept it really simple, distressing the edges, and adding some faux stitching.

Well...I hope you're still with me! If you hop over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, there are lots more fabulous samples made with these gorgeous new stamps from our DT, and a couple of special Guest Designers.

I'll be back later today to announce the winner of my blogoversary candy.

10 comments:

  1. They are so gorgeous!!!And you made great cards with them!
    But my favorite is Bird Fairy too!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful set of cards Helen! lovely images too! Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww these are all so beautiful, love these stamps xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, yoy are really creative! So sweet cards and wonderful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen

    Wow they are all gorgeous. Thank you so much for all your hard work and for doing me proud. Hugs, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Helen,

    Your Angel Boy is my absolute favorite. Talk about vintage shabby chic! The backing paper you used with the hearts and arrows is totally perfect. Now he's a perfect little cupid! Love it!

    Have a nice weekend,

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards. These stamps are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen
    your cards are fabulous, I love the papers you used for Italian Girl and Angel boy is brilliant, the way you have embossed him and the papers that you used are so boho chic, and I love the flower border around bird fairy, and the skater couple look like celebs on ice,
    Take care have a great day Bridget :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous cards!
    fun to look at!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I just love your cards! They are all fabulous!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x