Tuesday 23 February 2010

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Guest Designer Card

Woo-hoo...I was so excited to be asked to be a guest designer for the Papertake Weekly Challenge last week...that I went and made my cards for the four challenges I'll be joining them for, all in one afternoon! lol
This week, there's a fab sketch by Dawny...with plenty of room for adding extra embellishments if you feel so inclined. I've kept my card fairly simple, as I decided to use it to make a boy's birthday card...as I don't have may of these 'in stock' at the moment. I've used 'Birthday Monkeys' (by Rachelle Anne Miller for Stampavie), and watercoloured them to match the bright and cheerful '29th Street Market' paper (by My Mind's Eye). I embossed the plain coloured panels using my 'Stars' and 'Spots & Dots' Cuttlebug folders, and added a few small brads in the corners.


Do make sure you pop by the Papertake Weekly Challenge to check out the fabulous creations by the regular design team.

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Helen :-) the image is very cute and the papers are fab :-) You did make me laugh making all your cards in one afternoon ,,,, how did you do that ?? I am soooo slow !! :-)

    It is lovely having you as our GD :-) welcome to the team :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card, Helen!! The papers are fabulous and that cute image is adorable! Your embossing is the perfect addition! I love it! And holy smokes! How did you get all those cards done in one afternoon???!!! Wow do I ever wish I could do that! LOL! Happy to have you on board!! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Helen - love the cute image! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being a GD with us.
    It's a fab fab card, love the image and the colour combo
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen this is great, loving th colours and the super cute image!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Helen.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! I love this image and I love how you have the balloons hanging out of the Nestie box. The embossed layers are the perfect touch!!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, congrats on the GDT hun, very well deserved. Loving the monkey card, it's so cute, and the embossing works perfectly. Four cards in one afternoon, can I have some of what you are taking?! Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. te hehhee This is brilliant I still have not had the courage to colour the this image you gave me!! I will have to try yours look brilliant mixed with the vibrant colours of the papers! COOL! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.s tehehehe Well done on your GD spot!! you really do deserve it! your cards are AWESOME!!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is one FANTASTIC card!! Love those monkeys and your combinations of colours and papers

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, forgot to say congrats on the GDT for Papertake! Well done

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x