Friday 26 February 2010

Bumble Bee

I have the day off today - woo-hoo! The school I teach in on Fridays, is closed, in order to celebrate the birthday of the woman who founded it...which seems a bit odd to me...surely it's something they should celebrate in school together???
Anyway, on to today's card...this one uses the sketch form Sketchy Colours...and the 'Wings' theme from Corrosive Challenges. The image is 'Bumble Bee' (by Sugar Nellie)...and I've watercoloured her to match the gorgeous 'Blush' paper by BasicGrey...this is my last piece...and I'm very sad to see it go! lol I did add a touch of sparkle to her wings, with a Sakura 'Stardust' pen, but it doesn't really show up in the photo. I embossed with my Cuttlebug 'D'Vine Swirls' and 'Victoria' folders on to white core card, then sanded it to reveal the core. The sentiment stamp is by Cuddly Buddly.

4 comments:

  1. Oh she is just bee-u-tiful hun! Gorgeous soft colours and lush DPs. Brilliant. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Helen. You are braver than I am I don't seem able to use the last sheet of design paper.
    Debz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgeous card in pretty pastels!
    Thanks for joining us at SC this week - good luck!
    Hugs, Lena :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soft and pretty helen - love it!
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x