Tuesday 15 December 2009

A Warm Winter Hello

I needed to make a card for my December friendship swap partner (over on the Docrafts forum)...and I couldn't resist the fab Sketch Saturday Challenge sketch. I decided to go for a 'Winter' theme...and am also entering this card into the following challenges: Crafty Calendar('Winter Sparkle'); Creative Card Crew ('Anything Goes'); My Time to Craft ('Yuletide Wishes'); Pink Elephant ('Winter'); and Stamp Something ('Winter Wonderland').
I've used 'Wishes for Kisses' (by Penny Black), and papers by My Mind's Eye ('Festive Frost'). I used my Cuttlebug 'Snowflakes' folder to emboss the aqua card, and 'Snowflakes' and 'Ice Crystal' dies to cut the snowflakes, which I then coated with Glamour Dust. The sentiment stamp is y Studio G, and I distressed all of the edges with inks and my distressing tool.


I've been a busy little crafting bee, but as most of the things I've been making are gifts...and I don't want to spoil the surprise...I don't have much I can show you this week.

18 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Helen,no doubt your partner will love it,merry christmas,Janette.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, lovely colours! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful winter card! Love the sparkly snowflake and the cute image. Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Helen,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have probs with my computer and can't see your card, just the description. But thanks for joining in with the challenge from MTTC.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen
    Stunning card. Your Dove Craft partner will adore it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, lots of sparkle with the perfect image (I just love those hedgies) & I love the aqua colours you have used. Thanks for joining us this month.
    Kim xXx - Crafty Calendar Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - adorable image and love the cool colours. Now the colours remind me of something that popped through my letterbox from you today ... wheeee!! Thanks hun!! It's gorgeous and i love it :-) (big smiley face!!)... so i have "seen" some of what you can't "show" yet - yippee!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Helen, love the cute Hedgie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty, very nice colours you have used too, and that snowflake is fab!!!

    sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Helen, I'm looking at your blog from a different computer. I can see your lovely card now! Thanks again for joining MTTC!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Helen, love the Penny Black hedgie stamps. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. a gorgeous card helen, such pretty colours. hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at the Pink Elephant this week.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh what a cutie thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Helen this is beautiful i adore the sweet image. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x