Wednesday 30 December 2009

ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for...

Woo - hoo! Welcome to the first challenge for the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Thank you so much to all of you who joined in with our blog hop fun...I'll be back later to announce the winner of my blog hop candy.

Now, on to the challenge...well obviously the letter is 'A'...lol...and the theme is:

'A is for Angels'

...and Samantha has chosen the 'extra' element of 'Charms or Beads' on your projects.

I decided to go beading mad, and have made an angel entirely out of beads...well there is a little bit of wire in there too! lol
Here's a photo of my angel being modelled by my Christmas tree:


I followed a pattern that I found here, but I adapted it to use smaller beads.

The design team have really gone to town, and have created some stunning projects for our first challenge to inspire you to join in and get a head start on next year's Christmas preparations...so make sure you stop by the ABC Christmas Challenge blog. As it's our first challenge...and the season of giving...there are 3...yes 3 prizes on offer including a £10 voucher from this week's sponsor Charm Supplies.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous angel Helen, and a fab idea!
    hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen..this is fab...great idea fro next year....!!
    hugs
    Jan...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen this is beautiful, must make one. I used to make characters with beads with the rainbows and brownies but not made an angel. Love it. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great start to the challenge Helen. It looks really nice, you must be proud. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. check you out, how crafty are you! so clever

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea Helen :-) I will definitely have a go at making one of these :-) It is just gorgeous ! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Helen - how clever is that? really pretty - love it!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on my cards! Helen x